As in the famous saying, “All work and no play makes a man weak and boring. Therefore, one should indulge in playing games. Nowadays, playing games either indoors or outdoors have become a basic part of our culture.
That is why most men or women of all ages play games. It is an important part of our recreation and enjoyment. Also, it is significant to our health. There are many types of games played worldwide. Amongst the most popular games today are the video games.
So here are the following top 10 greatest video games of all time:
1. Tetris – this is the best game of all time. Ever since this was developed by a game designer from Russia, Alexey Pajitnov, people have seen various versions of Tetris. This was first released back in the 6th of July 1984; it has seen so many revisions and those revisions always gather a lot of players. It is because of the simplicity of the game that it never seems to fade away.
2. Doom – this is another classic that has seen different revisions as well. The latest iteration of this series was just released recently. This is a first-person shooter game developed by the id Software, Aspyr Media, and TeamTNT, among others.
3. Minecraft – this is another game that has captured the hearts of many. At first glance, the game looks like it has been done horribly wrong, but once played, you can never let it go. The game was originally made by a single creator Markus Persson but was later developed fully and published into the market by Mojang.
4. Sim City 2000 – Revolves around building a functioning city and overcoming the many problems that arise.
5. Quake – It is a maze based game in which you battle monsters in a medieval setting.
6. Counter-Strike – A multiplayer game based around terrorist activity.
7. Half-Life 2 – A battle against aliens who have taken over the world.
8. Space Invaders – Your task is to shoot down alien spacecraft.
9. Zork – An adventure game set in an ancient empire
10. Diablo II – an action game with a horror theme.
If you take a look at the games that are released recently and the others that are still in the production phase, you can say that the best games of all time are usually the classics. Like in fashion, nothing can beat the classics as they are usually the basis of all the new games players play these days.
Now it is time for you, your friends and fellow gamers to make your own top ten lists. There have been so many great games over the years and as we all have our own ideas of what makes a great game it is highly unlikely that any two lists will be the same but you can argue the case for your selections between yourselves.